>> 3) Consider this example:
>>
>> \bTABLE[option=stretch]
>> \setupTABLE[frame=off,offset=0pt]
>> \bTABLEhead
>> \bTR[bottomframe=on] \bTD Col1 \eTD \bTD Col2 \eTD \bTD Col3 \eTD \bTD Col4
>> \eTD \eTR
>> \eTABLEhead
>> \bTABLEbody
>> \dorecurse{5}{\bTR \bTD 1 \eTD \bTD 2 \eTD \bTD 3 \eTD \bTD this is a long
>> entry \eTD \eTR}
>> \eTABLEbody
>> \eTABLE
>>
>> Is it possible to auto-stretch only the first three columns, so that "this
>> is a long entry" is always aligned to the right margin? All columns should
>> stay flushleft.
>
> You can exclude columns from stretching when you set a width, e.g.
> \setupTABLE[column][last][width=4cm,align=flushright]

Thanks again for your suggestions! Still I have problems with the last column,
which should be flushleft, exactly as wide as the containing text, and still
aligned to the right page margin (the frame in this case).

I experimented:

\framed{
\bTABLE[option=stretch]
\setupTABLE[frame=off,offset=0pt]
\setupTABLE[column][last][width=2mm] % here is the difference
\bTABLEhead
\bTR[bottomframe=on] \bTD Col1 \eTD \bTD Col2 \eTD \bTD Col3 \eTD \bTD Col4
\eTD \eTR
\eTABLEhead
\bTABLEbody
\dorecurse{5}{\bTR \bTD 1 \eTD \bTD 2 \eTD \bTD 3 \eTD \bTD
\blackrule[height=5pt, width=30mm] \eTD \eTR}
\eTABLEbody
\eTABLE}

\framed{
\bTABLE[option=stretch]
\setupTABLE[frame=off,offset=0pt]
\setupTABLE[column][last][width=30mm] % here is the difference
\bTABLEhead
\bTR[bottomframe=on] \bTD Col1 \eTD \bTD Col2 \eTD \bTD Col3 \eTD \bTD Col4
\eTD \eTR
\eTABLEhead
\bTABLEbody
\dorecurse{5}{\bTR \bTD 1 \eTD \bTD 2 \eTD \bTD 3 \eTD \bTD
\blackrule[height=5pt, width=30mm] \eTD \eTR}
\eTABLEbody
\eTABLE}

In this case I know the last column width (30mm) but the output is
unpredictable.

In case I don't know the text width, is there a way to get a dummy width equal
to \settowidth (latex)?

Florian