Am 26.06.2011 um 21:13 schrieb Steffen Wolfrum:

>> concerning the character protrusion: that looks like a bug so if we can have
>> a small example demonstrating it ... esp the disappearing character is weird
>
> Sure, the minimal example that I posted already twice shows exactly this
> case:
> The line before an indexed word appears to be missing one character at the
> end.

You should try to make shorter examples ;)

\setuplayout[width=6.3cm]\showframe
%\let\forcecolorhack\relax
\starttext
This is a short sentence to check \index{test}the \tex{index} command.

This is another sentence for the test\index{test}.
\stoptext

The problem when you put the \index command before a word is that
it can end in a visible space at the end of the previous line.

Wolfgang