On 09/09/2011 17:23, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 17:12, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> does anyone here has MacTeX 2011 installed and could help Joseph?
>> (I just saw this on OSX_TEX list, see below).
>
> This is a "known" problem in the sense that it happens pretty often,
> but it is unclear what exactly goes wrong. MacTeX should usually work
> by default.
>
> More information is needed, in particular contents of
>     /usr/local/texlive/2011/texmfcnf.lua
>
> Mojca

Hello Mojca,

I did wonder if this was known: I've noticed that ConTeXt seems to be
'on and off' at least on my Mac (I've done less testing on Windows).

My  /usr/local/texlive/2011/texmfcnf.lua shows:

-- (Public domain.)
-- This texmfcnf.lua file should exist only if you have personal changes
-- from the distributed file; for example, if TEXMFVAR was changed in
-- the installer.
--
return { TEXMFCACHE = '~/Library/texlive/2011/texmf-var' }