On 09/09/2011 18:30, Matthias Weber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do have MacTeX 2011 installed (for LaTeX needs), but use the Standalone
> (former minimals) for CoNTeXt.
>
> Besides being more recent, this has the advantage that one can archive a done
> project together with the Standalone tree
> in case changes to CoNText happen break the project.
>
> The relevant wiki page for installing and configuring with editors  is at
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone/Mac_Installation
>
> Matthias

I did think of the minimals, and indeed that was my first port of call
after 'context' failed from my MacTeX installation. However, there does
not seem to be any Tikz in the minimals, and I needed that. Setting up
Tikz is not so straight-forward.

I've managed to get a working system on my PC, but would of course like
a working system on my Mac too.
--
Joseph Wright