Hi,

Hans told me, that one needs to set before and after for the lines to nil.
Indeed that solves the problem as long as you do not want to insert extra white
space between the lines. The effect of moving down the lines occurs also with
inserting an empty line.

\setupmakeup[standard][top=,bottom=]
\setuplines[before=,after=]

\starttext
\startstandardmakeup[doublesided=no,page=yes]
        \strut
        \godown[.25\textheight]
        \startalignment[middle]
                \startlines