> I have tried various combinations and have so far been unsuccessful in
> getting a row of double height using natural tables.  I am following up and
> enclosing a minimal example, along with the a previous incarnation using
> TABLE, which does give me the intended layout.
>
> Any suggestions on how to do the same using natural tables would be greatly
> appreciated.

use the height parameter for the table row. also, I don't thik you've
understood the meaning of 'nr=2'.
I suggest you read the wiki entry on TABLES: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TABLE

and here's your table back ;P :

\bTABLE
\bTABLEbody
        \bTR
                \bTD Circuit \eTD
                \bTD Description \eTD
                \bTD Circuit \eTD
                \bTD Description \eTD
        \eTR

        \bTR[height=0.7in]
                \bTD  7 \eTD \bTD  Bedroom 4 Arc Fault Plug \eTD
                \bTD  8 \eTD \bTD  \unused \eTD
        \eTR
\eTABLEbody
\eTABLE