From an earlier version using `unnatural' tables, I have enclosed the output PDF. This situation can arise anywhere in the panel/table where you have adjacent rows allow of which should be spanning a double row. In this case circuits 15 and 16 occupy a double slot on the panel with a single breaker; hence the layout should reflect this. How would this be best achieved in the natural table model? Shouldn't we just be dealing with spans independently of worrying about whether other adjacent columns will also require a row span?

On 11-11-24 06:23 PM, Christian wrote:
Now I don't get it :D What do you want to accomplish? Maybe an annotated
screenshot would help?

anyway, here's a another tip:
\setupTABLE[r][4][topframe=on]
\setupTABLE[r][6][topframe=on]
\setupTABLE[r][8][topframe=on]
\setupTABLE[r][10][topframe=on]
\setupTABLE[r][12][topframe=on]
\setupTABLE[r][16][topframe=on]
=
\setupTABLE[r][4,6,8,10,16][topframe=on]

Yes, I get that part.  Perhaps, a larger example will illustrate .

Enclosed is a simple electrical panel.  Many are 40 or 60 circuits large.  Note
that you have an assortment of cells spanning rows depending on breaker
size.
It is only by chance that in a particular case adjacent breaker might utilize
the
full slot.  Hence the [nr=2] approach.  So in the given panel, if circuits
15 and 16 were both double-pole, it would be incorrect to label them as
15A/15B and 16A/16B.  Then for that particular 'row' I would need double
height.