Hello,
** luigi scarso [2012-02-01 08:45:18 +0100]:

> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 7:00 AM, Vladimir Lomov <lomov...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I specially chose that font (txr, txr.tfm and txr.vf files), it is
>> distributed by txfonts "package". May be you installation doesn't have
>> them because I installed context suite with './first-setup.sh --modules=all'.

>> Nevertheless, that 'Font ... at 600 ...' reminds me how pdftex (pdflatex
>> actually) deals with tfm/mf/pk fonts (generate pk and insert them into
>> pdf file).
> Even with --modules=all'
> LuaTeX warning (file rtxptmr): Font rtxptmr at 600 not found
> and
> $> pdffonts test.pdf

> name                                 type              emb sub uni object ID
> ------------------------------------ ----------------- --- --- --- ---------
> Error: font resource is not a dictionary
> JFRMQG+LMRoman10-Regular             CID Type 0C       yes yes yes     18  0

> It seems that this font is not a font of the suite.

Let me stess it in other words: this ("Font ... not found") is not the
topic of thread. It is completely inrelated (IMHO) with vf font
problem (vf font leads to that "checksum" message). I took that font
because it has corresponding vf file.

The message "Font ... not found" is on terminal output while "checksum
mismatch" only in log file.

Ok, IIRC, if I want to use font with plain tex (pdftex engine) I have to
have TFM, and may be VF files, then MF source _or_ type1 font (pfb
file), if I have only type1 font, i.e. pfb+tfm[+vf] files, I must
instruct pdftex to use pfb file for corresponding tfm, this is what MAP
file do, e.g. file 'original-ams-cmr.map':
cmr10   CMR10   <cmr10.pfb
(I don't remember the purpose of second column), the first is TFM
file/font, the last one is type1 file (obviously). If there isn't such
entry for a font, pk for is generated from MF source. It MF source is
missing similar message is printed.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
War isn't a good life, but it's life.
                -- Kirk, "A Private Little War", stardate 4211.8