Am 18.03.2012 um 13:14 schrieb Alan Braslau:

> On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 07:56:30 +0100
> Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfg...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>

>> Am 17.03.2012 um 20:38 schrieb Honza Hejzl:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have installed the last standalone version from contextgarden and
>>> oops, my (few days) old file does not work properly. My "old" setup
>>> of footnotes was like:
>>>
>>> \setupfootnotedefinition[loaction=page...]
>>> \setupfootnotes[bodyfontsize=8pt, style=\ss...]
>>>
>>> Now the context does not understand to that. So I am trying to set
>>> up footnotes with \setupnote[footnote] but it seems nothing works.
>>> I am not able to use location=serried, location=page, style and so
>>> on... Is it connected with some general update? :o(
>>
>> The command \setupnotedefinition (where \setupfootnotedefinition is a
>> shortcut for \setupnotedefinition[footnote]) is now \setupnotation
>> and “location=serried” is now “alternative=serried”. The \setupnote
>> command (\setupfootnotes is \setupnote[footnote]) has only a
>> “bodyfont” key which accepts “{8pt,sans}” as argument but not
>> “bodyfontsize” key and style is only available for \setupnotation
>> (but as you saw you can add it to bodyfont).
>>
>> Wolfgang
>>

> Looking at strc-not.mkvi and from your explanations above
> it is still not clear to me how to use the new footnote definitions.
> We have \setupnotedefinition
> (with \setupfootnotedefinition=\setupnotedefinition[footnote]),
> \setupnote (with \setupfootnotes=\setupnote[footnote]),
> also \setupnotes (=\setupnote ?)
> Is there any difference between the singular and the plural forms?
> Also, what parameters are accepted? (I see "% not all make sense here"
> in strc-not.mkvi)

1. The \setupnotedefinition was replaced with \setupnotation

2. Many of the \define… and \setup… commands are now auto generated
   from \installcommandhandler which generates only one setup-command
   which can be used for global (i.e. \setup…[..,..=..,..]) and local
   (i.e. \setup…[…][..,..=..,..]) settings. For backward compatibility you
   can find things like this: \let\setupnotes\setupnote

3. The argument are same as before (with a few changes)

> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Footnotes seems confused (ToDo).
>
> In particular, I am still trying to get
> "next=\autoinsertnextspace"
> to make \startfootnote\stopfootnote work correctly…

Large parts of the code have been rewritten and the next key wasn’t added yet.

Wolfgang