Am 01.04.2012 um 23:03 schrieb Thomas A. Schmitz:

> hi all,
>
> would a kind soul please enlighten me about the new footnote commands? I
> can't find a way to achieve what I was able to achieve in older versions. The
> following code is on the wiki. It is supposed to give us the footnote marker
> aligned with the text area, then some blank space, then the footnote text:
>
> \definepapersize[wiki][width=8cm,height=8cm]
>
> \setuppapersize[wiki][wiki]
>
> \starttext
>
> \showframe
>
> \setupnote[footnote][margindistance=0em,command=\myfootnotecommand]
> \setupnotation[footnote][location=left,hang=1]
>
> \def\myfootnotecommand#1{\hbox to 1.5em{#1.}}
>
> test \footnote{test}
>
> \stoptext

\setupnotation
  [footnote]
  [  alternative=left,
            hang=1,
   numbercommand={\simplealignedbox{1.5em}{flushleft}},
         stopper={.}]

\starttext \showframe

test \footnote{\input ward }

\stoptext

> It doesn't work with the current beta, and I' completely lost about
> \setupnote[footnote]

WIth \setupnote you can control the layout of the note block, e.g. to use
columns or to change the rule.

> \setupnotation[footnote]

With \setupnotation you can control the layout of the footnote entry, it uses
the same code as enumerations/descriptions and provides the same keys.

> \setupfootnotes

\setupfootnotes == \setupnote[footnote]

Wolfgang