···<date: 2012-08-10, Friday>···<from: Romain Diss>···

> Hi,
>
> Le vendredi 10 août 2012, Hans Hagen a écrit :

> > > sh: http://www.contextgarden.net/Command/setuplist: No such file or
> > > directory
> >
> > So what would be the right way? Is there some abstract shortcut to the
> > preferred browser?
>
> On unix shells, 'xdg-open' open any file or URL with the appropriate program.

No, I beg you, don’t use xdg-open. It does not respect the
environment variables set by the user and is the reason why I
have made /usr/bin/firefox into a script that calls my *real*
browser.

xdg-open is not a standard (yet) and will confuse people. Please,
consult https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Default_Applications#xdg-open,
especially the section “how it should work”, before you make the
choice.

Thanks
Philipp