Hi Hans,

Nice to hear that the official math fonts are good enough to be the default now!

Hans Hagen wrote:
> I've changed the defaults for the math fonts so that now we use the 'real
> thing'. However, as there can be issues, one can still say at the top of a
> document (of in cont-syst.tex):
>
> \enablemode[txmath]
> \enablemode[pxmath]
> \enablemode[lmmath]

Does the following description ring true? If yes, all I need to do is
find a place on the wiki to put it.

By default, ConTeXt's math font is Latin Modern Math, or Pagella
Math/Termes Math if you specified \setupbodyfont[palatino] c.q.
\setupbodyfont[times]. There exist also virtual versions of these
fonts; these virtual versions are essentially the body font
counterparts with lots of display-modifying tweaks piled on to make
them behave like math fonts. These virtual versions were used for a
time while the math fonts were in development. If you still want to
use the virtual fonts, you can write

    \enablemode[txmath,pxmath,lmmath]

at the top of your document. This does not set the math font directly,
but specifies that if the Pagella/Termes/LM math font is used, ConTeXt
should use the virtual font rather than the non-virtual one.

----

Futher: I see in math-vfu.lua the following comment: "There are still
areas where the virtuals are better." Which areas are these?

> The design sized latin modern text font is still the default but one could
> already change that by
>
> \setupbodyfont[modern]

And what would you get instead -- 12pt Latin Modern, or something else?

Cheers,
Sietse