On 1/21/2013 3:37 PM, "H. Özoguz" wrote:
Hi there,

today I have the following issue:

In Arabic there is a character called "Lam-Alif", it is a composition of
"Lam" and "Alif", which is displayed usually in another way, than just
writing "Lam" and "Alif" after each other in the usual way.

See here:
لا‎
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_alphabet

For Arabic I use the font Scheherazade

\definefont[Shehkl][name:Scheherazade*arabic at 15pt]

\definestartstop[Arab][commands=\setups{Arabic}]

\def\Arab{\doArab}

\def\Arab[#1]{

\startArab

\noindentation

\setupalign[r2l]\Shehkl#1

\stopArab

}

which worked perfect, until today!

Now if I write \Arab[لا]

it is now not shown, like it should (and like your emailer will show it
probably correctly, too).
For conveniance I opened another, older, document, where the arab
worked, and compiled it again, with absolutely no change -> and again,
the same bug. What is the problem, what changed in ConText relevant to
this problem, if any?

I don't know ... if the old version has it too then nothing changed I guess.

\usemodule[fnt-20]

\starttext

\setvariables
  [otftracker]
  [direction=-1,
   sample=لا,
   title=Test,
   font=file:arabtype,
%    font=file:husayni,
%    font=file:scheherazaderegot,
   features=arabic]

\stoptext

Arabtype is the only one that has the 'rlig' for that combination. So, more info is needed about what should trigger this ligature replacemnt.