On 02/03/2013 04:56 AM, Rogers, Michael K wrote:
On Feb 1, 2013, at 6:16 PM, Ingo Hohmann<cont...@ingohohmann.de>  wrote:

Hi,

is it possible to define a block, where lines are automatically formatted
differently?
For example:
first line in caps,
second in bold,
others normal.

Is this possible? And how?
If you mean input lines, then yes.  But if you mean output lines, then I don't
know.  It seems a well-defined task, but a hard task judging by how the
line-breaking algorithm is described by Knuth.  I'll leave that question to
experts.

Here's a way to process the input lines.  If there's a counter that counts the
line number, there would be another way; but I couldn't find out that there was
a counter.  There may be better ways anyway.

\define\FirstLine{\let\myLine\SecondLine\sc}
\define\SecondLine{\let\myLine\OtherLine\bf}
\define\OtherLine{\tf}
\definelines[doMyLines][command=\myLine]
\def\startMyLines{\let\myLine\FirstLine\startdoMyLines}
\def\stopMyLines{\stopdoMyLines}
As I said that works, but while trying to understand this, I found that the documentation for \definelines doesn't mention the "command=" option. On the other hand it does mention "align=" and this doesn't work. Neither does \setuplines.

I always get "undefined control sequence".

\definelines[doFirstBoldRight][command=\myLine]
\setupdoFirstBoldRight[align=flushleft]

OR

\definelines[doFirstBoldRight][align=flushleft,command=\myLine]

gives the same error.

Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance,

Ingo