Am 20.04.2013 um 15:35 schrieb Alan BRASLAU <alan.bras...@cea.fr>:

> On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 14:24:25 +0200
> Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> \startplacetable[location={page,90},title=Table caption]
>> …
>> \stopplacetable
>
> Thank you Wolfgang!
>
> I find it necessary to do the following:
>
> \startplacetable [location={page,90},title=Table caption]
>       \startTEXpage [width=\textheight]
>       …
>       \stopTEXpage
> \stopplacetable
>
> The \startTEXpage [width=\textheight] … \stopTEXpage
> is necessary in order to get the content (table macros: \bTABLE
> \eTABLE) to work correctly.
>
> I had thought that it would have made sense to use "width=\textheight"
> with \startplacetable, but this did not work.

This is nonsense because \startTEXpage … \stopTEXpage is supposed to create
a standalone page on your document where you can control the width/height
of the page.

It’s hard to tell why you need this without a example but you can try to force
the table width with \bTABLE[textwidth=\textheight].

Wolfgang