-----Original Message-----

> My changes were simple - I used the setuptex file that came with
> standalone, and tweaked it ever so slightly.
>
> https://gist.github.com/gatesphere/0afaf5c2c647430ff653

So basically all you did was replacing platform detection with
    platform="mswin"
and commented out three lines of code that notify about the change?
(Did you just find those lines annoying or did they actually fail to
work?)

Just curious: what does
    uname -s
    uname -m
return on cygwin or what is the best way to detect windows in
"shell"?
(I believe that should be easy enough.)

[Bill Meahan]

UWIN is available here: http://www2.research.att.com/~gsf/download/
The site doesn't seem to be up on weekends, though. Open Source with
Eclipse license.

On my system which is a Athlon 64 X2 (dual core) running Vista (32
bit),

uname -s gives UWIN-VI
uname -m gives i1586
echo $SHELL gives /usr/bin/ksh

Would probably want to do a leading match on the "UWIN" and a
trailing match on the "86" parts since the rest will vary based on
cpu and operating system edition.