Am 03.10.2013 um 10:21 schrieb H. van der Meer <h.vanderm...@uva.nl>:

> I have some difficulties with columns inside a framedtext. The example below
> shows that columns does not work inside framedtext, whereas simplecolumns
> does. However, the latter does not show rules between the columns. Can I have
> both?
>
> Is columns definitely not working here or is it temporarily until something
> is fixed? Or will simplecolumns be extended to show the rules?
>
> % test columns within framedtext
> \starttext
> \startframedtext[width=\makeupwidth]
> \startcolumns[n=2,rule=on,balance=yes]
> \input tufte
> \stopcolumns
> \stopframedtext
> \startframedtext[width=\makeupwidth]
> \blank
> \startsimplecolumns[n=2,rule=on,balance=yes]
> \input tufte
> \stopsimplecolumns
> \stopframedtext
> \stoptext

The new mixedcolumns environment can be used to the typeset columns in a frame.

There is also a predefined bolxedcolumns environment which changes the width of
the columns when you use it in \startframed etc.

\setupalign[verytolerant]

\starttext

\startboxedcolumns[separator=rule]
\input tufte
\stopboxedcolumns

\startframedtext[width=max,align=verytolerant]
\startboxedcolumns[separator=rule]
\input tufte
\stopboxedcolumns
\stopframedtext