On 11/10/2013 12:30 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> You can try the beta ... i'm not sure about it yes but this one is
> faster, we might end up with several methods to choose from depending on
> usage.

Many thanks for the improvement, Hans.

Compilation for the first time decreased from 210 seconds to 181
seconds. And subsequent compilations decreased from 70 seconds to 7 seconds.

The sample shows the issue with embedded fonts:

\starttext
These are bufers:

\startbuffer[text:1]
\setuppapersize[A7]
\starttext\input tufte\stoptext
\stopbuffer
\typesetbuffer[text:1][frame=on]

\startbuffer[text:2]
\setuppapersize[A7]
\starttext\input knuth\stoptext
\stopbuffer
\typesetbuffer[text:2][frame=on]
\stoptext

The same font is embedded three times in the final PDF. I wonder whether
it would be possible that the font would be only embedded once in the
final PDF.

Many thanks for your excellent work,

Pablo
--