On 11/22/2013 11:37 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:
On 11/22/2013 4:59 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
On 11/20/2013 11:12 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:
On 11/20/2013 4:47 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:
However one thing we do miss from columnsets is the control over widows
& orphans in two ways: \testcolumn, and \setupcolumnsetlines.
\testcolumn[n] allowed us to do a conditional column break, so when we
were about to start a new subsection heading, we could prevent it being
an orphan at the bottom of the column; and when starting a paragraph
with a hangaround graphic framed flushright and bottom, we could
similarly use \testcolumn to prevent the graphic from hanging down into
the footer (which is what sometimes happened otherwise).

So I'm wondering, is there some way to achieve the equivalent of
\testcolumn in mixedcolumns?

for the moment add \penalty10000

OK... where? In the same place we used to use \testcolumn?

just after the (sub)section title

i need time to figure out this kind of things in the balancer