On 11/22/2013 4:34 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> The problem, is/was that mixed columns had not yet mark
> synchronization enabled. I uploaded a new beta. In the process I also
> made marks a bit more restrictive but it might have (yet unknown) side
> effects.

Hans, I tried the beta of 2013.11.26, and as mentioned in a previous
email, it fixes the \getmarking problem pretty well. However the same
beta has a fatal problem for us: lists using \tab are now broken.

MWE:
\starttext
    \tab{AC}Autonomous Community\par
    \tab{\it alt.}alternate name for\par
\stoptext

In the TeX Live 2013 version of mkiv, this gives us a nice table with
the headword separated from the definition.
In the beta, the headword and the definition start at the same
horizontal position, and overlap each other.

We use these lists in the context of mixedcolumns, but the overlap
behavior occurs regardless of mixedcolumns.

Any help would be appreciated. If we can't fix or work around this
problem, we may have to abandon the beta and go back to TeX Live 2013,
which means our page header guide words would be incorrect.

Lars