On 11/27/2013 11:08 AM, Lars Huttar wrote:

> I tried the beta of 2013.11.26, and as mentioned in a previous
> email, it fixes the \getmarking problem pretty well. However the same
> beta has a fatal problem for us: lists using \tab are now broken.
>
> MWE:
> \starttext
>     \tab{AC}Autonomous Community\par
>     \tab{\it alt.}alternate name for\par
> \stoptext
>
> In the TeX Live 2013 version of mkiv, this gives us a nice table with
> the headword separated from the definition.
> In the beta, the headword and the definition start at the same
> horizontal position, and overlap each other.
>
> We use these lists in the context of mixedcolumns, but the overlap
> behavior occurs regardless of mixedcolumns.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. If we can't fix or work around this
> problem, we may have to abandon the beta and go back to TeX Live 2013,
> which means our page header guide words would be incorrect.

Well, it's probably not quite that fatal for our project, because it
looks like the \definedescription mechanism can be used to replace \tab,
and does not suffer from the same problem in the beta.

Nevertheless I thought someone would like to know that \tab has stopped
working, so it can be fixed (or documented as obsolete, in favor of
\definedescription).

Lars