Thanks for your hard work!  I have a few additional questions regarding
the new system and font fallbacks.

(1) How can I replace the hyphen automatically inserted at linebreaks?
If I use the following, only manually inserted hyphens are replaced:

\definefallbackfamily[mainface][serif][TeX Gyre Termes][range={0x0002d}]

(2) What effect does force=yes have?  It doesn't seem to make a
difference for me.

(3) I have a typeface that uses unusual style names: "roman1", "roman2",
"italic1", "italic2";  1 is regular, 2 is bold weight.  The following
works:

\definefontfamily[xxxface][serif][xxx][regularfont=xxxroman1,
italicfont=xxxitalic1, boldfont=xxxroman2]
\setupbodyfont[xxxface]
\starttext
abc {\it abc} {\bf abc}
\stoptext

This works for roman1 only:

\definefontfamily[xxxface][serif][xxx][regularfont=spec:roman1,
italicfont=spec:italic1, boldfont=spec:roman2]

Even this works for roman1 only:

\definefontfamily[xxxface][serif][xxx][regularfont=spec:roman1,
italicfont=xxxitalic1, boldfont=xxxroman2]

(4) Now I want to use this typeface for math fallback.  In the following
example, the upright glyphs are replaced, but not the italic glyphs:

\definefontfamily[xxxface][serif][xxx][regularfont=xxxroman1,
italicfont=xxxitalic1, boldfont=xxxroman2]
\definefallbackfamily[xxxface][math][xxx][regularfont=xxxroman1,
preset=math:lowercasenormal]
\definefallbackfamily[xxxface][math][xxx][regularfont=xxxroman1,
preset=math:uppercasenormal]
\definefallbackfamily[xxxface][math][xxx][italicfont=xxxitalic1,
preset=math:lowercaseitalic]
\definefallbackfamily[xxxface][math][xxx][italicfont=xxxitalic1,
preset=math:uppercaseitalic]
\definefallbackfamily[xxxface][math][xxx][regularfont=xxxroman1,
preset=math:digitsnormal]
\definefontfamily[xxxface][math][TeX Gyre Termes Math]
\setupbodyfont[xxxface]
\starttext
$ \coprod \leftrightarrow ABC abc {\mathupright ABC abc} 123 $
\stoptext

Kind regards,
Joshua