On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 4:52 PM, Otared Kavian <ota...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Luigi for the hint to that paper.
> Unfortuantely the project has been done with mkii… that’s why I would like
> to know if it’s possible to produce a PDF/A compliant file with ConTeXt
> mkii.
> By the way, is there an easy way to check whether a PDF file is PDF/A
> compliant?
>
> Best regards: OK

afaik there is only and experimental extension of pdftex that used with
latex can make pdf/a-1a (tagged pdf) -- but i'm not sure.

But pdf/a-1b are different (not tagged) so you can use ghostscript, even if
it's not easy.
Here an article by C: Beccari for xelatex
http://www.guitex.org/home/images/ArsTeXnica/AT012/xelatex-pdfa.pdf

See also  this for gs
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1659147/how-to-use-ghostscript-to-convert-pdf-to-pdf-a-or-pdf-x

--