Hi Joerg,

I think you are right when refering to a figure, the number stopper should not
appear in the text.
It seems to me that using something like

        \setupcaption[figure][stopper={.}]

used to work in mkii and mkiv, but while it works in mkii, I just tried it with
mkiv and found that it does not work as expected anymore.
So it is a bug introduced recently.
Probably Hans should be informed about it.

Best regards: OK