Am Tue, 3 Mar 2015 14:11:56 +0100 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:

>> -- the installation advices on contextgarden doesn't explain what to
>> do if you want to update modules too.

> Do you want to say that the module gets removed next time when you run
> first-setup.bat? If that is the case, it should be fixed. Updating
> works for me and also keeps the modules up to date.

I have no idea ;-).

>> I'm always using (on windows)
>> first-setup.bat --keep
>
> I would advise you against using the --keep option unless there are
> some other/strong reasons to do so.

Then the instructions here are quite misleading:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone#Updating_2

I'm not a regularly context user, I maintain the installation mostly
for tests and want "an up-to-date, complete (with all modules)"
installation and was looking for a command that compares to "tlmgr
update --all" from texlive.

Did I got it right now that I should do "first-setup.bat" and that
"first-setup.bat --keep" doesn't update the modules?

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/