On 6/15/2015 8:22 PM, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:
Hello Hans.
I tried to find differences in beta compared to a fully functional
version of the TL 2014 and I found two changes in the file-utils prs.lua
compared to a fully functional version of utils-prs.lua in the TL 2014
version of ConTeXt:

Changes in file utils-prs.lua (beta version) compared to TL 2014 (fully
functional version):

line no 520 of beta standalone:
specification     = specification and
setmetatableindex(specification,defaultspecification) or
defaultspecification

while the TL 2014 version line no 478:
specification     = specification and
table.setmetatableindex(specification,defaultspecification) or
defaultspecification

that ons is irrelevant

and next diference:

line no 533 of beta standalone:
local wholeblob   = Ct((newline^(specification.strict and -1 or 1) *
record)^0)

while the TL 2014 version line no 491:
local wholeblob   = Ct((newline^-1 * record)^0)

When I  change these lines and regenerate ConTeXt format then suddenly
it works as expected. Of course, you will probably need to make some
adjustments depending on your idea of a line 533rd.

I hope this information helps a little in search of a problem.

it was on user request that it was changed

the two lines look nearly the same, apart from:

specification.strict and -1 or 1

so, if you pass a specification with strict = true then you get the behaviour you want