On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 10:33 AM,luigi scarso <luigi.sca...@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 12:59 PM, Dr. Dominik Klein <
> dominik.kl...@outlook.com> wrote:
>
> > Context is the only Tex-based system that allows to properly tag a pdf.
> > Tagged PDFs are one major requirement for accessibility.
> >
> > Indeed, in several large organizations/universities, accessibility is
> > mandated by law, and this is a major obstacle for using Tex. In practice
> > compliance is often assessed with Acrobat Pro's
> > accessibility checker.
> >
> > Context produces a nice tag-structure, but there are some minor issues
> > that prevent compliance to [1], and hence Acrobat Pro complains during
> the
> > check.
>
> Thank you for the report .
> It would be nice to have a pdf made by context using \nopdfcompression
> that have all these issues together with the report emitted by acrobat.
> Last time I have checked a pfd/a-1a made by context it was all ok, but it
> was time ago and maybe not
> all the features were tested deeply.
>
> --
> luigi

Hello and thank you for raising these issues.

Note that there is a free and very good PDF accessibility checker:
http://www.access-for-all.ch/en/pdf-lab/pdf-accessibility-checker-pac.html
You can easily generate a detailed report with this tool. It does, however,
not check for PDF/A-1a conformance.

Cheers, Christoph