On 7/20/2015 6:06 PM, Hans Aberg wrote:

On 20 Jul 2015, at 16:40, Aditya Mahajan <adit...@umich.edu> wrote:

On Mon, 20 Jul 2015, Hans Aberg wrote:

The LaTeX package unicode-math has an option colon=literal, which makes it
behave as in math functions (as in example below). Has ConTeXt a similar option?

No. You have to use \colon.

It would be nice with such an option, as it helps the readability of the input
files.

already for some years i'm thinking of something similar to openmath dictionaries i.e. in many cases when one writes math it is in some field that is consistent within a document, say logic or engineering

it is rather trivial to support something

\setupmathematics[domain=logic]

or so, where we automatically relate the math class with the symbols used, something that becomes more important once we start coding in unicode instead of using names

but ... in order to provide this, i need information about useful categories

i had planned this for later this year but anyway uploaded a beta that has an experimental feature (this is something to discuss at the upcoming context meeting)

\startluacode
    mathematics.registerdomain {
        name       = "foo",
        parents    = { "bar" },
        characters = {
            [0x3A] = {
                char  = 0x2236,
                class = "inner"
            }
        }
    }
\stopluacode

\startTEXpage
    $a: b$\par
    \setupmathematics[domain=foo]$a: b$\par
    \mathematics[domain=foo]{a: b}\par
    \definemathematics[foo][domain=foo]\mathematics[foo]{a: b}\par
\stopTEXpage

eventually we can consider a set of domains and a macro for defining a set of them etc but it all depends on use ...

i'll upload a beta