On 11/11/2016 4:26 PM, Csikos Bela wrote:
Dear list members:

I have this simple table:

\starttext
\placetable[here]{title}{
\setuptables[bodyfont=8pt,rulethickness=0.04em]
\start
\setuplocalinterlinespace[2.2ex]
\starttable[|lp(5cm)|lp(5cm)|cp(2cm)|]
\HL[2]
\NC \bf First Column \NC \bf Second Column \NC \bf Third Column \NC \SR
\HL
\NC Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur massa
turpis,
semper quis fringilla ut, viverra nec risus. \NC Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,
consectetur adipiscing elit. \NC Lorem ipsum \NC \SR
\HL
\NC Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus
\NC Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus \NC Pellentesque
\NC \SR
\HL
\NC Donec nunc lorem, sollicitudin vel sodales eget \NC Donec nunc lorem,
sollicitudin vel sodales eget Donec nunc lorem, sollicitudin vel sodales eget
\NC Donec \NC \SR
\HL[2]
\stoptable
\stop}
\stoptext

I have some questions related to the above table.

1. How can I set the distance between the text (in rows) and the rule above and
 below the text, separately?
I find that the rules are too close to the text. I tried \setuptables' height
and depth options but those are
not what I need, I guess. What are height and depth options are for exactly?

it's not configurable

i'll an openup key

\unprotect

\def\tabl_table_normal_full_rule
  {\starttablenoalign
   \!ttGetHalfRuleThickness
   \scratchdistance\directtablesparameter\c!openup
   \ifzeropt\scratchdistance\else\kern\scratchdistance\fi
   \hrule\s!height\scratchdimen\s!depth\scratchdimen
   \ifzeropt\scratchdistance\else\kern\scratchdistance\fi
   \stoptablenoalign}

\setuptables
  [\c!openup=\zeropoint]

\protect

% \setuplocalinterlinespace[2.2ex]
\setuptables
  [openup=-.2ex]

2.  Can \setuptables[bodyfont=...] option use font sizes as \tfa, \tfb, \tfc,
\tfx, \tfxx, or point size has to be
set explicitly?

indeed

3. What is the distance option in \setuptables?

Thank you in advance,

bcsikos