On 6/13/2017 1:18 PM, Mathias Schickel wrote:

Am 12.06.2017 um 18:17 schrieb Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl>:

On 6/12/2017 5:56 PM, Mathias Schickel wrote:
Hi Hans,
if I get it right this means that you provide a mechanism that brakes formulas
automatically across several lines? I appreciate this very much! Thank you for
including this into the next beta!
Would it be possible to do something like that for breaking long formulas
across pages (or is that maybe included in the new mechanism)?
that's more complex and interferes with other aspects so maybe later

Okay, that would be really great. Maybe a semi-automatic breaking across pages
could be doable. The AMS package for LaTeX implements something like that. If
you write \allowbreak (I am not absolutely sure if this is the true command,
but it is something like that) at a line of an equation with multiple lines the
typesetting algorithm knows that the formula can be broken across pages at that
point.
If something like that could be done in ConTeXt it would be really great. At
present it is somewhat complicated to handle equations with many lines since
you have to typeset the text and check if everything fits. If you could mark
certain lines of an equation to be allowed to be broken at the end of a page,
working with multiple line equations would be much easier and faster.
attached what will be provided ... experimental for a while (not in the mood now for harder stuff)