Thank you Thomas and Wolfgang,

About startletter / starttext: the contents of my test file reflect a moment. I
have made numerous tests with and without starttext/stoptext. The state of the
test file is one in an endless row of tests.

I am not without total experience in programing. I more or less understand
program scripts when they are not too complicated and I like tweaking them, yet
I cannot think up a new program from scratch.

But anyway, I will go ahead with your suggestions!

Thank you very much again!

Robert