On 08/21/2017 03:15 AM, Brian Ballsun-Stanton wrote:
> Hey folks, trying to be a good citizen, I added (And quoted) this
> message onto the wiki:
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TABLE#Footnotes_in_TABLEs
>
> I tried for a bit to try to get the example to render, but no footnotes
> would show at all. Anyone have thoughts as to how to get wiki rendering
> to work here? And are there any other examples from this thread that
> should be added?

Hi Brian,

footnotes in the wiki are tricky:

    \starttext
    \startbuffer
    \bTABLE[split=repeat,align=normal]
       \bTR\bTD Something\postponenotes\footnote[x]{bla bla}\eTD\eTR
       \bTR\bTD Foo\note[x] \eTD\eTR
    \eTABLE
    \flushnotes
    \stopbuffer
    \getbuffer
    \startTEXpage[offset=1em]
        \getbuffer
    \stopTEXpage
    \stoptext

The second page is similar to the problem with the wiki.

This might be a workaround for the wiki (if I’m not wrong):

    \setupnotes[location=text]
    \starttext
    \bTABLE[split=repeat,align=normal]
       \bTR\bTD Something\postponenotes\footnote[x]{bla bla}\eTD\eTR
       \bTR\bTD Foo\note[x] \eTD\eTR
    \eTABLE
    \flushnotes
    \placenotes[footnote]