On 2017-10-14 15:23, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
On 10/14/2017 06:56 PM, Rik Kabel wrote:
In a doublesided document, how can I suppress the chapter title marking
in the header of the blank page that follows a chapter in which the text
ends on a recto page? I do not want to suppress the header.
Hi Rik,

if you want pages in pages without headers, I guess you should use
layers to place the page numbers.

I understand that is a way to place page numbers, but it still does not resolve the placement of the chapter name on pages 4 and 6. I suspect I need to change the value of the chapter name marking to nil or spaces at some point, but how and exactly where to inject that change has escaped me.

The following example shows the problem on pages 4 and 6. I notice that
the Contents chapter does not exhibit this problem (page 2).
This is just by chance. In your sample you asked for chapter (not for
title) in headers.
Sorry, poor wording on my part. When I wrote chapter title, I meant chapter name, the value retrieved by \getmarking[chapter].

I realize now that the Contents has not name marked because I asked for chapter, not title. The sentences quoted below can safely be ignored.

But checking the source for /completecontent/ provides no useful
information. Indeed, when I use /title/ instead of /chapter/, as done
in strc-lis.mkvi, page 2 gets the marking as well!
Actually, \completecontent uses \title, not \chapter.

Just in case it might help,

Pablo