On 2/13/2018 12:12 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
In the following example the calligraphic P bumps into the following
x.

After some searching in the archive I found some discussions from
2012 and had the impression that this either shouldn't happen or
that the behaviour could at least could be changed with
\setupmathematics[italics=n].

But in my examples \setupmathematics[italics=...] doesn't do
anything. Every line looks looks identical to me (the second example
is from the header of xits-math.lfg). Is this behaviour expected? If
yes, what should one do to get an italic correction is such cases?

\setupbodyfont[xits]

\starttext
x${\cal P}$x\par
\setupmathematics[italics=1]x${\cal P}$x\par
\setupmathematics[italics=2]x${\cal P}$x\par
\setupmathematics[italics=3]x${\cal P}$x\par
\setupmathematics[italics=4]x${\cal P}$x\par

\stoptext

\setupbodyfont[xits]
\starttext
test $a;b;a; b; f;$ test\par
  \setupmathematics[italics=1] test $a;b;a; b; f;$ test\par
%fontitalics
  \setupmathematics[italics=2] test $a;b;a; b; f;$ test\par
% fontdata
  \setupmathematics[italics=3] test $a;b;a; b; f;$ test\par
% quad based
  \setupmathematics[italics=4] test $a;b;a; b; f;$ test\par
% combination of 1 and 3

\stoptext

hm, seems that i messed up a pointer ... i'll fix it ...

(xetex inserts a kern of 2.45pt after the math in latex).

context inserts 2.938pt

(luatex uses the opentype route so it might be different than xetex and pdftex)