Is followtext(“string”,path) not yet implemented?

Because I get an error when running:
\startMPcode
path p; p:=reverse halfcircle xyscaled 25mm; draw p;
followtext("some text but not that long",p); % <- causes error
\stopMPcode

Or do I need to call followtext in some other way that is not clear to me.

dr. Hans van der Meer