On 9/4/2019 2:24 PM, Otared Kavian wrote:
Hi all,

I have a document which typesets correctly in mkiv giving a PDF file with 7
pages, but the same document typeset with lmtx gives two pages with a strange
pagebreak on the second page. Up to now, unfortunately, I could not create a
minimal example to show this behaviour, so I put the files in the folder here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7rolmpe47njvy0l/AADmcILO0XgY3Sb6FC2dwMw-a?dl=0

and the PDF file obtained with mkiv is here

        https://www.dropbox.com/s/udbz0lulat9vum7/bug-pagebreaks-mkiv.pdf?dl=0

while the one obtained with lmtx is here

        https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6kge5lq8otju4y/bug-pagebreaks-lmtx.pdf?dl=0

Also, the TeX file typesets correctly with lmtx, if I don't use textrules, so
I wonder whether there has been some changes in the way such textrules have to
be used.
As far as I can remember, two months ago the same file was typeset with lmtx
without any problem.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Best regards: OK
you have some interaction between textrules and backgrounds (and that can be a matter of very small differences in dimensions and rounding and such .. i just don't see a quick way out) ... esp these backgrounds are an old mechanism (maybe i should alias it to textbackgrounds in lmtx)

much better is to use this:

\definetextbackground
  [xx]
  [location=paragraph]

\starttextbackground[xx]
\stoptextbackground

can you try to use that instead? less page overflow too

(actually i should iontegrate some title line in that)