On Thu, 5 Sep 2019, Otared Kavian wrote:

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply and for the link to your article: your explanations
are cristal clear and the solution for me is to use what you explain.

There is only one issue remaining, when using your code, that is:

\definetextbackground
 [leftbartext]
 [
   location=paragraph,
   mp=mpos:region:leftbar,
   width=broad,
   frame=off,
   framecolor=darkred,
   rulethickness=.5pt,
   leftoffset=2ex,
%    rightoffset=2.25ex,
%    topoffset=2.25ex,
%    bottomoffset=2.25ex,
   background=color,
   backgroundcolor=white,
 ]

\startuseMPgraphic{mpos:region:leftbar}
 draw_multi_pars;
 draw_multi_side;
\stopuseMPgraphic

then when there is a footnote the leftbartext runs into the footnote, between the number and the footnote itself, and the result is not nice. I did not find a way to push the footnote and its number a little to the right, or the leftbartext to the left.

You can move the leftbartex to the left by using `frameoffset=dimension` key.

Aditya