On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 01:03:38PM +0100, Bahr Rudolf wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 11:54:49AM +0100, Bahr Rudolf wrote:
> >
> > Hello ConTeXters!
> >
> > LuaMetaTeX, Version 2.03.15
> > ConTeXt  ver: 2020.02.07 18:36 MKIV beta  fmt: 2020.2.10
> > works well doing my usual tasks.
> >
> > Now, I put an .otf-font into ".../tex/texmf-local/", and made
> >    mtxrun --generate
> >    mtxrun --script fonts --reload
> >    mtxrun --script fonts --list --all --pattern=<pattern*>,
> > but didn't get the expected information on the new font from the last
> > command.
> >
> > So I investigated the output of the first two commands in more detail
> > and found:
> >
> > 1. mtxrun --generate:
> >    resolvers       | resolving | warning: no lua configuration files found
> >    resolvers       | resolving | no texmf paths are defined (using TEXMF)
> >
> >    By the way, "TEXMF" seems to be a mtxrun variable and hasn't directly
> >    to do with the environmental variable "TEXMF" which gets extinguished.
> >
> > 2. mtxrun --script fonts --reload:
> >    mtxrun          | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
> >    mtxrun          | unknown script 'fonts.lua' or 'mtx-fonts.lua'
> >

> > Please, what is to be done?
> >

> In context luatex, current version: 2020.01.30 14:13, I'm getting the awaited
> information!

With
LuaMetaTeX, Version 2.03.15
ConTeXt  ver: 2020.02.10 18:37 MKIV beta  fmt: 2020.2.11
I'm getting the same results:

1. mtxrun --generate:
   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'TEXMFCNF' set to ''
   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'TEXMF' set to ''

   resolvers       | resolving | warning: no lua configuration files found
   resolvers       | resolving | no texmf paths are defined (using TEXMF)

2. mtxrun --script fonts --reload
   resolvers       | resolving | warning: no lua configuration files found
   resolvers       | resolving | no texmf paths are defined (using TEXMF)

   mtxrun          | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
   mtxrun          | unknown script 'fonts.lua' or 'mtx-fonts.lua'

BTW, running "context --make" after wiping "~/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-cache"
and running "mtxrun --generate" gives:
   mtxrun          | unknown script 'mtx-context.lua' or 'mtx-mtx-context.lua'

Rudolf