Tomas Hala schrieb am 29.03.2020 um 19:55:
Hi all,

I noticed the difference in behaviour of textcommand which depends
on the location: for top, bottom and page the \crlf (see MWE) is applied
while for the left and right not even if other values (\red, any-text)
are used as expecterd.

How could I activate the textcommand=\crlf for location=right?
(The line break appears only the width of the figure becomes too small.)

Tested with TL2019 and with version from Mar 6, 2020.

1. The cow figure is a PDF file.

2. Use the "spaceinbetween" key to add a break after the label + counter.

3. Captions use "width=fit" as default setting which produces a horizontal box for your side float which ignores the \crlf command, when you change the setting to "width=max" in combination with "align=middle" the title start on a new line.

\setupexternalfigures
  [location=default]

\setupcaption
  [figure]
  [spaceinbetween=none,
            width=max,
            align=middle]

\starttext

\startplacefigure[location=top,title=Cow]
  \externalfigure[cow][height=4cm]
\stopplacefigure
\samplefile{knuth}

\startplacefigure[location=right,title=Cow]
  \externalfigure[cow][height=4cm]
\stopplacefigure
\samplefile{knuth}

\stoptext