Geert Dobbels schrieb am 03.04.2020 um 11:57:
Hello,

The sample below has 2 problems I cannot find the solution for:

I am reading a table from a CSV file and want to typeset it via \xtable.

The xtable as defined below works, it splits over several pages, but the header does not repeat. I have seen examples in the mailing list where people put the "\startxtable.....\stopxtable" within a \placefigure, but as soon as I try this, I get an error message: "missing } or endgroup", although I doublechecked the "}" and I see no error.

The other issue I have: Since xtable requires me to read the header line separately in order to put it between \startxtablehead and \stopxtablehead, I access the csv buffer twice: the first time, I only read the first line, and the second time, I read starting from the second line. My problem here is that I do not know beforehand the number of lines in the csv file. So in my second \doloopfromto I give the second argument a number high enough to be sure it reads all the lines. It works fine, but I would like to know if there is a way to read the number of lines in the csv file to use the exact number of lines, instead of guessing.

\usemodule[handlecsv]

\opencsvfile{systaprov2.csv}

\starttext

\startbuffer[loop]
\startxrow
\startxcell[left] \cA \stopxcell
\startxcell[left] \cB \stopxcell
\startxcell[left] \cC \stopxcell
\startxcell[left] \cD \stopxcell
\startxcell \cE \stopxcell
\startxcell[left] \cF \stopxcell
\startxcell \cG \stopxcell
\startxcell \cH \stopxcell
\doifdefined{cI}{\startxcell \cI \stopxcell}
\doifdefined{cJ}{\startxcell \cJ \stopxcell}
\doifdefined{cK}{\startxcell [left] \cK \stopxcell}
\stopxrow
\stopbuffer

\setupxtable[offset=0cm,
frame=off,