On 7/31/20 10:32 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the long mail ...
>
> One of the changes in lmtx is that we freeze the properties that
> determine the paragraph shape as well as breaking into lines in such a
> way that we have predictable behaviour. As a side effect it can be that
> existing code (lmtx only) will behave differently (will be fixed when we
> notice) but also that some low level user tweaking can not work, i.e.
> they are just ignored, but only when they happen mid paragraph which
> actually is always debatable anyway.

Hi Hans,

many thanks for your explanation.

I wonder whether the new improvements could prevent body text running
into the footnotes (as some of us have already reported).

> [...]
> No one ever requested it so see it an a quick and dirty example but
> don't hesitate to ask for more anyway (we like an occasional challenge).

If you are open for suggestions, I would ask for a footnotes that behave
as a page index, such as in:

  \setuplanguage[en][patterns={en,agr}]
  \setuppapersize[A6]
  \setupbodyfont[dejavu]
  \definenote[dict]
  \setupnote[dict][n=2,rule=off,
      split=strict, inbetween=\hskip1.5em]
  \setupnotation[dict][number=no,
      style={\tfx\setupinterlinespace[line=2.5ex]}]
  \starttext
  Πρῶτον δεῖ θέσθαι τί ὄνομα\dict{ὄνομα,
  -ατος, τό: noun} καὶ τί ῥῆμα\dict{ῥῆμα, -ατος, τό: verb},
  ἔπειτα τί ἐστιν
  ἀπόφασις\dict{ἀπόφασις, -εως, ἡ: negation}
  καὶ κατάφασις\dict{κατάφασις, εως, ἡ:
  affirmation} καὶ ἀπόφανσις\dict{ἀπόφανσις,
  -εως, ἡ: statement} καὶ λόγος.
  \stoptext

What I need there is that these notes are alphabetically sorted, such as
in a standard register.

As I proposed that (years ago), you told me it was too complex. I wonder
whether this would be easier with the current developments.

Many thanks for your improvements to ConTeXt,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk