On 12/30/20 4:53 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
As usual, it opens up possibilities, but of course at the price of testing.

Hans,

I had seen the alignment bug as well; this has been fixed in today's upload. I'm in a book project (from xml), so I don't have small examples right now, but I want to point out that there are two more areas where current lmtx has serious problems that luatex doesn't have:

Must have been some side effect of some of the font stuff as iI didn't really touch the alignment code.

1. I have a bibliography that is structured in sections. lmtx does not respect the scope of these sections, but prints the entire bibliographical list at the first occurrence of \placelistofpublications. I wasn't sure if I had the right keywords and experimented an entire afternoon before I realized this was a bug in lmtx...

hm, should not be too hard to solve (with an example) ... keep in mind that there is no functionality difference between mkiv and lmtx (although lmtx will evolve), so maybe some oversight in upgrading the low level interfacing macros (removing indirectness)

2. For some reason, lmtx introduces lots of empty pages into my document. When I compile my book with luatex, I get 176 pages at the moment, in lmtx, I have 208. Must be something about chapter breaks and so on.

here we definitely need an example

I will try in the next days to come up with examples, but right now, I'm working on a chapter and don't want to interrupt the flow...

sure (sometimes) comparing the tuc files gives a clue

As always, thanks for your work on context, and best wishes for 2021 - may it suck less that 2020!
Thanks,