Il 25/05/21 18:20, Hans Hagen ha scritto:

Inserts are somewhat complex (and interwoven) and are also somewhat fuzzy when one wants to do checking when making progress on a page.  We already deal with that in context in a reasonable way but I get the feeling that we can do better. This and the above are reasons to come up with a variant memory model that permits playing with additional features more easily. The existing storage model is stil there (after all it's tex) but for those willing to check the alternative, in page-ins.mkxl one can uncomment

    % \insertmode\plustwo

and remake the format.

I tested it with 2 volumes (632 and 936 pages). Both have 2 kinds of footnotes; in the first there are also footnotes inside footnotes.

diffpdf says the resulting PDFs are identical to the ones obtained with that line commented out.

So, regarding those two samples, the change has no effect in the output.

Massi