I am not a translator but I think that working from XLIFF documents
would make the translation a bit easier.

XLIFF makes it possible to follow the translation process, at least
partially.

For example, if the translation tools implement the "Change Tracking
Extension" module defined in the latest XLIFF specification (v2.1), you
can track the status of elements. The "property" attribute can indicate
a new level: for example, the translator who changed the "state" (XLIFF
attribute) of the translation: initial, translated, reviewed, final.

[1] https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=xliff
[2] http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.1/xliff-core-v2.1.pdf

Unfortunately, translators would need to use translation tools based on
the latest XLIFF specification (v2) to take advantage of this. However,
someone will eventually be able to use the tools at their disposal.

--
Best regards,
Kevin Vigouroux