Hello list,

The module pgfplots has a bug that produces an error for polar plots, and
perhaps in other situations.

tex error       > tex error on line 20 in file
./chapter02-t-b-728d71c9823ff6bed735c6d6e1758718.tmp: Undefined control sequence

<macro> \pgfplots@environment@polaraxis@ [#1]->\begin
    {axis}[#1,data cs=polar,axis type=polar]
<line 3.20>  ]

This bug was described and fixed on the pgfplots GitHub repository in December
(https://github.com/pgf-tikz/pgfplots/pull/382). I fixed the bug on my personal
installation, but when I update the modules using the wiki instructions, the
bug returns. In the LMTX installation, the file requiring the fix is:

        context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/generic/pgfplots/pgfplots.code.tex

The fix is:

        Line 7928: change “\begin{axis}" to “\axis”
        Line 7934: change “\end{axis}" to “\endaxis”

Is there anything I can do to aid in getting this fixed in the distribution?

Thanks,
Gavin