I have compiled several versions of NTOP on a few different machines all
running RH7.2 and am running into exactly the same problem.

When I run NTOP as a daemon (use the -d ) switch, The layout of the
website is completely different and looks like a much older version,
i.e. doesn't look like the nice pretty interface that we're all used to
by now. (The HTML when I view source is completely different.) Another
problem is that none of the graphics load, it's almost like it's using
completely different html when running as a daemon.

Running it without the switch, well, it runs flawlessly, except for the
fact that once the TCP hash gets to above 32768 NTOP breaks but I
understand it's a limitation of the software...

Any ideas? I tried different machines to rule out memory or hardware
issues. All three machines have had 512MB of RAM and 550-1Ghz Intel
PIII. When compiling, I follow the instructions in the BUILT-NTOP.txt
file to the letter.

I honestly don't think it's a hardware issue since the problem is
identical across three separate machines:

OS: RH7.2 install from CD wish SSHD and Apache aside from normal system
stuff.
Hardware: Intel Motherboards with processors ranging from 550Mhz - 1Ghz
PIII.
RAM: 128MB - 512MB
NTOP: v2.0.1. MT i686-pc-linux.
Network: tried it on several different network sizes, from 10 hosts all
the way up to a medium ISP @ 100Mbps.

Dan Norton
Network Administrator

WareNet
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(949) 417 - 2300 x 2360
(888) 927 - 3329 (Fax)
WebSite Development, Web Hosting, Connectivity, Colocation