I don't think the "no mac" setting will influence these warnings - but
you probably need it anyway (most times you do).

Maybe check the rrd configs and play with the update timers?  Also, any
detail you don't "need" disable so that rrd is storing only what you'll
actually use.

Lastly, if your switch supports it maybe have it mirror TX and RX so you
only need a single interface and NIC for monitoring.  Merging tends to
distort the details of full duplex traffic.  Ie:  Is 45Mb/s on a T3 bad?
Well, if the traffic is all unidirectional  - say ingress - yea,
probably bad cause that circuit is maxed.  If however it's 25 Mb in and
20 Mb out - maybe not so bad - especially if it's legit traffic.
Openview sometimes treats a full-duplex link like two half-duplex links
merged together: on a T1 running at 1536Kb/s egress it would show up on
reports as 50% utilization when really it's 100% of egress.

Lastly, these warnings are annoying but I don't *THINK* they're causing
any harm.

Gary