Gary Gatten <Ggatten <at> waddell.com> writes:

> Check flow version and flow timeout settings. V5 works well and I set the
timeout as low as possible for most realitime data

> From: ntop-bounces <at> unipi.it To: ntop <at> unipi.it Sent: Sat Jan 10
09:50:17 2009Subject: [Ntop] NetFlow stats not displayed on ntop v.3.3.9

> Hi all,
> I want to monitor netflow only and have enabled netflow on my 7200 and
exported to the ntop host on port 2055. This is working, i can see the udp
traffic on the ntop host using tcpdump and i have confirmed that the virtual
netflow device is listening on 2055.

> The plugin is configured correctly, enabled and the reporting interface
switched to the netflow device yet I do not see any stats at all with the
exception of Network Flows which shows accumulating packets & traffic for
NetFlow.

> If I switch to eth0 I do see stats for traffic on that interface so I don't
think its a RRD or permissions issue.

> Can someone please point me in the right direction?
>

> Many thanks,
>
> Eric
>

> "This email is intended to be reviewed by only the intended recipient
>  and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential.
>  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
>  any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this email
>  and its attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited.  If you have
>  received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by
>  return email and delete this email from your system."

Tried both v5 & v9. I've set the active timeout to 1 minute and inactive to 15
seconds but no joy.