Prepping for a large AD migration.  We have the netdiag, dcdiag, dns and
replication issues resolved.  Now we are trying to fix issues in the DC's event
logs.  One of the DCs is a SQL Server (!!!) and runs Microsoft's NT to Unix
stuff.  The NT to Unix thing is generating thousands of errors and broke last
year in October.  How did the DBA "fix" his NT to Unix issues?  He uses
ADSIEdit on a daily basis to "fix" stuff!!!  Why a DBA has access to run
ADSIEdit is beyond me.  So he asks why I am so concerned about the errors in
the event logs.  I tell him we need to fix all these errors before the
migration so the issues are not brought over to the parent org's AD.  His
response - "just clear the event log and the errors go away"!!!

DOH!  How do some people get their jobs???

Webster