Um, why is the DC hosting a SQL instance?

That's all I saw in that whole message...lol

My knuckles are getting bloody just thinking about getting punished by
the list for doing something like that..

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com
[mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On Behalf Of Micheal Espinola Jr
Sent: Wednesday, September 4, 2013 1:09 PM
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: Re: [NTSysADM] Can't believe I just heard this

Are you contracting for the NSA?  ;-)

--
Espi

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Webster <webs...@carlwebster.com>
wrote:

Prepping for a large AD migration.  We have the netdiag, dcdiag, dns and
replication issues resolved.  Now we are trying to fix issues in the
DC's event logs.  One of the DCs is a SQL Server (!!!) and runs
Microsoft's NT to Unix stuff.  The NT to Unix thing is generating
thousands of errors and broke last year in October.  How did the DBA
"fix" his NT to Unix issues?  He uses ADSIEdit on a daily basis to "fix"
stuff!!!  Why a DBA has access to run ADSIEdit is beyond me.  So he asks
why I am so concerned about the errors in the event logs.  I tell him we
need to fix all these errors before the migration so the issues are not
brought over to the parent org's AD.  His response - "just clear the
event log and the errors go away"!!!

DOH!  How do some people get their jobs???

Webster

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are property of Indiana Members
Credit Union, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of
the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete this
message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited.